Monday Motivation: Make Office Politics Fun
We spend so much time at work; our experience can only be better if the environment is low-stress and positive.
To play a positive office politics game, use the tips below:
- Ask respected senior managers for advice from time to time; this helps them see
you as someone they mentor and who is interested in growing.
- Take on high-profile, high-impact tasks and projects, and make sure others know
you do the work.
- Play nice and give others a hand when they need it, and be generous with thanks
when you are on the receiving end of help.
- Lighten up and be accepting of others.
- Don’t gossip.
- Squelch any meanspirited behavior or comments you hear.
You will benefit personally by implementing these tips as a manager, and you will also set an example for how you expect others to treat you and to behave themselves.
To receive our weekly e-tips by email, sign up HERE